This past weekend really exceeded my expectations. We had a constant flow of visitors to Starving Art Studios and received so much positive feedback about our space and all the great artists we house. Ricky and I also had great response to our new studio, which we turned into a mini gallery. And I am so thrilled with the results of my Kickstarter project, as I was able to produce prints and notecards that have been very popular so far. People love to see original art but most can't afford it, so this enables them to take a little piece home with them. My notecards have been the most successful product. I am so pleased with the quality of my prints and notecards...many people thought the prints of my paintings were originals!
E.A.S.T. is always such a great way for artists and the community to interface directly with each other. Visitors feel more relaxed being in the casual environment of the artist's studio as opposed to a gallery or museum. Plus, people love to hear the stories behind the art. I've had the most fun telling people about my paintings and sharing my inspirations and process. Wouldn't you rather have a piece of art made by an artist who you had a chance to meet and talk with in their studio? I'm so excited that we still have another whole weekend of E.A.S.T.
Week wrap up:
- Spent many hours painting, spackling, and cleaning Starving Art Studios to get ready for E.A.S.T.
- Created and packaged prints and notecards of my original paintings.
- Gave a presentation on teaching art to people with disabilities at the Texas Art Education Association Conference in Galveston.
- Was interviewed in my studio by PBS for a series they are filming on the East Austin Studio Tour.
- Continued my graduate work...this is my last semester!
Coming soon...an online shop to purchase prints and notecards of my original paintings.
There is still ONE MORE WEEKEND of the East Austin Studio Tour left...come by my studio next Saturday or Sunday (November 19th & 20th) from 11am-6pm to see my work along with over 30 other artists at Up Collective.